Cistus ladanifer has been on Ava’s radar for many years as it is considered by aromatherapists to be the very best essential oil for skin firmness, yet until recently distillers did not produce cistus (which is a variety of rock rose that grows prolifically in the wild in Spain and Portugal) essential oil, absolute, or hydrosol that smelled appealing. But all of a sudden, we tracked down an artisan distiller of wild cistus in Portugal whose samples were special. The hydrosol is floral, sweet, rich and full, honey-like, and somewhat resinous in a good way. Clearly made with love and care. And here it comes, with minimal additions to allow you to savor the scent and the properties: cistus hydrosol is recommended for reducing a wide range of signs of aging, from wrinkles to lack of firmness, and is pore minimizing, naturally antibacterial, anti-acne, and nurturing, yet nondrying and extremely mild.
The sourcing of this hydrosol is unique in that we do not buy it from a supplier web site: we buy it directly from the human being who, along with his local helpers, distills the plants. Earthwise knows for sure, because he told us, that they use sickles to cut the stems and leaves of the prolific wild plants (they tried to use a trimmer machine at one time and the cistus plants hated it; they became sad and dry within minutes of harvesting). The distillation takes place in a reconstructed watermill, and they use water from the clean stream in front of it to make the hydrosol.
After Ava receive a new shipment of this “Portuguese beauty water,” she waits for the next full moon to infuse it under the moon overnight. Each batch of the finished product is also charged under the full moon. The moonlight amplifies the healing properties that correspond to the yin, or feminine element. Beauty, female intuition and insight, patience, and gentleness are enhanced.
A touch of cold-press organic aloe juice has been added for its skin reparative and cooling properties. And then, Ava chose several medicinally prepared gem and flower essences:
- Rainbow moonstone gem essence: regulates hormones and mood swings, recommended especially for women and for mothers; strongly enhances to women’s yin qualities, especially receptivity and patience. Softens harsher moods and expressions of personality
- Mangano calcite gem essence: a unique and beautiful essence for healing a painful past and emotional wounds
- Clear quartz gem essence: clears old, toxic, stale, unhealthy energies. Lifts fatigue and lethargy. Clears the head
- Alaskan monkshood flower essence: helps with fears, including irrational fears; helps one achieve a clarity of one’s purpose and destiny; spiritually enlightening
- Pacific Northwest pink phlox flower essence: enhances one’s innate gentleness and sweetness, helps one achieve quiet and softening, and promotes blissful sleep
Use this mist as if you were using any face toner or hydrosol, and your skin will first and foremost benefit on a physical level. If you would like to attune to the vibrational elements from the gem and flower essences, use the mist 3 to 4 times a day and mediate for a moment, if time allows, over the gems and flowers included and their healing properties. If you have strong resonance with the essences, seek them out in addition as flower and gem essences for internal use (we will offer most of them for sale in the near future, or e-mail us at email@example.com, and we will prepare a custom order of this blend for you).
Mist over freshly cleansed skin morning and night, then follow with your moisturizer of choice. Shake periodically to remix. Store away from direct light exposure.
For all skin types.
Wildcrafted Cistus ladanifer hydrosol, cold-press aloe barabensis juice*, potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), rainbow moonstone gem essence and other gem essences, wildflower essences.
*Certified organic. Aloe vera certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content.